Seattle's waterfront view can leave you awestruck. The waterfront has stunning scenes, seafood, souvenirs, and attractions like the Seattle Great Wheel overlooking Puget Sound.
Here are the five picks for the best attractions and activities to enjoy along the waterfront in downtown Seattle.
1. Take a Washington state ferry ride: A ride on the ferry is a great way to relax and enjoy the scenery. You can enjoy riding the ferry, with or without your car or bike, or can watch them come and go. The ferry terminal in downtown Seattle is located at Pier 52 and travels routes to Bainbridge Island and Bremerton.
2. Meet the sea creatures at the Seattle Aquarium: Located at Pier 59, the Seattle Aquarium gives you the exciting opportunity to see numerous kinds of sea animals. Major exhibits at the Seattle Aquarium include Window on Washington Waters, the Pacific Coral Reef, and Marine Mammals.
3. Taste the scrumptious seafood: Seattle is known for its fresh seafood, and enjoying a meal at the pier is a next-level experience. Take a walk down the area, and you'll discover casual and popular eateries like Street diner, Elliot's oyster house, and the Crab Pot.
4. Souvenir shopping: The Seattle Shop at 56 (1201 Alaskan Way) are your go-to spots to grab Seattle-themed gear. Seattle Shirt Company (1101 Alaskan Way) will have something for everyone, with an unparalleled selection of Northwest apparel and souvenirs. If you would like to buy Seattle apparel, you could also visit our online store. We ship across the U.S, and our merchandise lasts like the memory they preserve.
5. Ride the Seattle Great Wheel: During your ride, you'll enjoy wonderful views of downtown Seattle, Elliott Bay, West Seattle, and the surrounding scenery.